Saturday, June 25

I made it!!

So here I am in London, England!! It's pretty cool and pretty surreal: I still don't think it's really sunk in. The last couple have days have been crazy. I was on the plane for about 10 hours last night and might have slept 3. So even though it's only 7pm here (3pm at home), I'm ready for bed :-P. Today we didn't really do anything too exciting. Just sorta explored the city. Once we found our hostel, we took the subway to Hyde Park, saw Buckingham Palace, went to Harrod's (crazyness!!)... some other random stuff... can't really remember.

It's my first night ever in a hostel and so far it's not so bad. Me and my 2 cousins (Graham and Justine) are in a room with a mother and daughter who have been travelling for 3 weeks. They seem pretty nice. We went to the grocery store for supper and ate down in the kitchen. That was a little weird. It seems like all the people down there live here! Like one girl was just getting home from work. And they all knew each other, so I definately felt out of place. But the hostel isn't too bad (except the bathrooms are gross), and we're pretty close to everything. London is EXPENSIVE!! I'm so glad I'm not staying for too long, I'd be brok in no time!!! The plan for tomorrow is to go to all those touristy things you can't go to London and miss. Big Ben, Tower of London, etc... and maybe a few of the free museums (like the museum of natural history :-)). Monday we're off to Paris!! Yay!! Apparently it's been disgustingly hot there the last little bit, so hopefully it'll cool off a bit before we get there. Cross your fingers for me!!!

Anyways, my time on the internet is running out, so that's all for now! I hope everyone isn't missing me TOO much :-P. Keep in touch and let me know what's going on with your life!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home