Monday, June 27

London: the overview

So we pretty much did everything you could possibly imagine doing in one day today. We started out going to London Bridge and then saw London Tower and the Tower bridge. After that we headed to the Tate Museum of Modern Art, which was pretty cool. Saw some Picasso, Matisse, and the list goes on. I must admit though, a lot of modern art is way above my head. I don't get the big deal. I could put a urinal on it's side and sign my name on it! We had lunch at the museum and then headed out. We were going to go to the Museum of Natural History, but we decided to go check out the Lion King, and get tickets for the night, but there was only a matinee, so we got some of the last tickets for that about an hour before it started. While we were wandering around waiting for it to start we found trafalgar square with pretty fountains and fun lions that we climbed on. Even though I saw the Lion King in Toronto in Grade 11 it was SO worth it!! I'll never get sick of musicals :-D. Plus, Graham had never been to a real musical, and I'm pretty sure he loved it, so that makes it even more worth while (despite the cost). By the time that got out, it was too late to go to anymore museums, but we just wandered around, seeing the sites like Big Ben and the House of Parliament. Then we decided that the big ferris wheel that we'd been seeing for the last 2 days would be fun to go on, so we did! What an amazing view!!! By this point it was almost 9pm and we were all getting pretty tired, so we headed home. Now we're back at the hostel and are going to settle in for the night (I'll probably write my first postcards :-)).

Tomorrow we head to Paris. If the hostel there has internet access I might still have time to update/check my email this often, but I'm not sure. I'll do my best.

Lots of Love,
Kaila

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home