Monday, August 22

The awesomest time ever

Okay, so the festival is over and it was unlike anything I've ever seen and probably ever will seen. It's so hard to describe to anyone that wasn't there, but believe me, it was AWESOME. Yesterday was probably my favorite day, although I am a little worse for wear. I learned why people have been telling me all weekend that I'm crazy for wearing flip-flops. Tim and I waiting in the line to get into the front section for Incubus and it was CRAZYNESS. There was no moving at all ever except when you got pushed by the mosh pit when all at once everyone leaned in one direction and then in the other. I actually lost one of my flip-flops at one point. Amazingly enough though, I managed to find it again :-) How great is that?? Incubus was incredible (I fell in love with the singer :-)). Not until after I left did I notice that one of my big toe-nails was ripped off and all bloody (on top of the blackness from the grossness of the floor and being stepped on and stuff). It was pretty disgusting, but on the whole, definately worth it. I had the most amazing time ever this weekend.

Other than Incubus, yesterday I also saw Korn, Dropkick Murphys, Queens of the stone age, Nick cave and the bad seeds and Foo Fighters. I can't believe how many good bands I saw this weekend, it's surreal. But it's all over and now it's back to the 'real' world (in quotes of course because I'm living an entirely surreal life at the moment and none of it resembles real life whatsoever).

This morning we met up with our friend Phil and now we're on the coast in Holland at a place called Noordwijk. This afternoon we went to the beach and it was definately NOT the meditteranean, but was still a lot of fun! It actually reminds me a lot of beaches in Nova Scotia. And same sort of temperature at the end of summer (decent but not really warm). We're going to stay here for a couple nights and then I think we'll head to Germany for a couple of days. Tim has to be back in Amsterdam on the 27th to head home. On the 28th I think Phil and I are going to check out a field hockey tournament somewhere in Germany. He flies home on the 29th at which point I get to go visit Steph for a while! I can't wait!!!!

I have a farm list for farms all over Austria that I can volunteer at and I'm hopefully going to start contacting my favorites in the next couple days so I can find somewhere fun to live/work/play for September. At the moment I'm thinking I'll hang out at places for about a month but I have no idea how much I'll like it, so I'll make more definate decisions when I get there.

That's all for now! I hope everyone in Halifax had fun at the birthday celebrations this weekend! I wish I could have been there!!! (although I wouldn't have given up being at Lowlands for the world).

Thanks for all the comments!! 9 is definately a record (although I know one of them is my own)
Talk to you soon!
Kaila

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home