Saturday, August 20

So it's almost the end of day 2 of 3 of the Lowlands Festival 2005. It is incredible and impossible to describe. There are about 7 or 8 stages and usually at least 2 or 3 people playing at any one time to choose from. Tim and I have been sticking mostly together except for this afternoon when he went to Coheed and Cambria while I went to Arcade Fire. I'm am having an awesome time and love all the music I've been hearing. So far I like the medium sized stage the best because it's small enough that you can usually get right up close but big enough to have a big crowd. After watching Social Distortion last night we went to the main stage to check out the Prodigy and it was absolutely out of control. All you could see was shoulders and heads forever and ever. I'd guess about 40 (of the 55) thousand people were there. HUMUGOUS! Anyways, today's highlights also include Bad Religion which was at the big stage, but we went a bit early so we were right up about 5 people from the front and it was SO much fun!!! Now the Pixies are playing, but I was getting a little worn out from being up front all the time so I took a break to come on here and am meeting Tim after they are over. marilyn Manson is going to play at the big stage soon. We'll probably go see it for a little (you can see up on a hill and not really see that well but still hear it and watch the big screens). I'm exhausted at the moment so I'm hoping to be able to go to bed soon. Tomorrow's lineup includes Dropkick Murphys, Nick Cave andt he Bad Seeds, the Foo Fighters, Incubus and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Anyways, another fun thing: I love being from Canada! I've now gotten our Canada Flag signed by every canadian act we've seen except Death From Above 1979 because we had to leave them early for Bad Religion. It's GREAT because they always see it and recognize us as Canadian's :-)

Last fun thing: you can collect cups and get paid for them. For every 5 cups you collect you get 1 coin (equal to a euro), so Tim and I collect whenever we ahve nothing better to do. So far we've managed to pay for all our food and drinks with our collections :-D

Okay i think the Pixies are over so I shoudl go find Tim. Talk to you soon!!!!

Kaila

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ (I don't know if you read these anymore, but oh well :-)

5 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey!!!
Girl you are CRAZY!! and I love it!! Just love reading all your posts, and it sounds like this festival is OUT OF CONTROL!!!
Keep partyin hard.

Stay Safe

KIMMMM

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kaila
Sounds awesome all the way from WW. I think K-Os Foo and Manson are the only bands I recognize. Go to Europe to be a Canadian Eh?
Love Dad

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Kaila said...

Answer: Tim and I have a pretty good system set up. At the beginning of the day we have a basic idea of where we're going when so if we get completely lost we meet each other a little later (like back at the tent or somethign) Other than that, during shows we often get lost so we meet straight back from the front of the stage at the back of the tent. So far it's worked pretty well. Last night at the Pixies it took about 10 or 15 minutes, but that's not bad considering how many people are here :-)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger LynchHartsinOz said...

Kaila, All I can say is AWWWWSOME! Mary

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hey Kaila. You might not know me, but you know Doug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home