Sunday, August 14

So I came on to check my comments today only to see that the update I provided yesterday didn't work! GRRR.... oh well. I'm not going to write a whole lot today, but I'll do my best.

Getting from Spain to the Alps was a pain. 6 trains and 31 hours of little to no sleep... ugh. But it was ALL worth it when we arrived here in Chamonix!! I think I was made to be in the mountains!!!! I love it so so so much. The view from our campsite is spectacular with mountains on either side and the bottom of the glacier in view on one. It's part that they call 'mer de glace' or sea of ice. I don't really know how to explain it, but seeing it makes me really understand how glaciers are so powerful and have played such a big part in shaping our earth. It's really awe inspiring.

Today is our 'day-off'. And good thing, because it's pretty miserable out. Our tent has had it's first real test - pouring rain off and on all day - and it hasn't completely passed. It leaks a little, but for a cheap tent, we're staying pretty dry (the leaking is mainly in the area wherewe keep our stuff). Other than hanging out in our tent and getting a nice long shower, we've done laundry, gone shopping a bit and just sort of wandered the town. Last night was our coldest night yet, and I don't think either of us slept very well. Tonight is supposed to be even colder, so today we got some cheap, warm socks and we'll be sure to bundle up. I'll probably be wearing pretty much all my clothes :-P These are the nights when I wish I had a sleeping bag instead of just a sheet.

Anyways, the store is closing up, so I gotta run. It's supposed to start clearing up tomorrow and we're going to find a nice hike to do. I can't wait!!

Until next time!
Kaila

P.S. I just figured out what happened to yesterday's post.I had saved it as a draft :-P Oh well, the gyst of it is here, so I won't bother posting it.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kaila!

I'm sending your email today! woohoo! finally! haha

ha i saw the anonymous comment there and couldn't figure out who the heck would write a comment like that haha then i realized it was a link haha.

Anyway, this comment sucks but I hope you're having a great time!!

(I should make this anonymous so nobody knows I leave comments this bad haha)

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaila, Chamonix is pretty close to the place your parents owe you a trip to, so I guess you get to choose another exotic trip instead! HA!

Yes I would say sleeping with a sheet is definitely one of those character building experiences, med school will be a ride in the park after this! We send our love from Dunk Island. Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home