Thursday, December 1

Granada, Part 1

Hi!

I don´t want to spend too much time on the internet today, but I´m a little more alive than I was yesterday, so I thought I´d do a better job. I found my hotel without too much trouble (except for the fact that I had wandered to the complete opposite side of town finding the internet place), but apparently Mom and Dad were late too. So I had an (unintentional) nap until they got here and we had dinner at a nice place near our hotel. We´re right in the center of the old part of town and it´s gorgeous!

This morning we got up early and made our way to La Alhambra. It´s a palace and fortress that ranges from the Muslim era (before 1492) and then later when the catholics took over (Granada was the last city to be conquered by Ferdinand and Isabella). The most incredible part was the palace that just had unbelievable detail and ornamentation wherever you looked, but it was all pretty cool. And I loved that it´s winter, so there are very few tourists around (although there were a few groups of school kids).

It´s cold here, but nothing like Holland (and I´m sure Canada as well). Now that it´s well into the day, it´s actually quite nice out!

I don´t really know what we´re doing the rest of the day... I´m letting Dad do most of the tour guiding. Also, at some point my parents might get some pictures posted to their blog, so if you want to check that out it´s www.justallanstreet.blogspot.com.

I´ll leave you with a couple pictures from my last few days at the pig.


A group picture on Mike and Eoghan´s (pronounced Owen) last night. L to R: Mike, Me, Renzo, Eoghan, Chris and Alex

Me and Ez playing with the music

Renzo, Chris and Me on my last night.

Me with the Flying Pig that Tim donated :-)A gogeous sunset that I didn´t actually see, but wish I did!


Me, Katie and Jasmijn on Katie´s last night

4 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Kaila said...

They were all working for me, but I just changed how they were being posted. Hope they work now!

Kaila

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger LynchHartsinOz said...

Kaila, All the photos came acrosss for me and they are great. I don't know who that anonymous commenter was back a few, I don't find the pictures scarey and your life is certainly not crazy it is wonderful. It looks like you have made some very good friends and I imagine you are speaking a few different languages by now. I am enjoying the blog very much, keep posting! Love Mary

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! Sounds like you are having a great time! And you stayed in Amsterdam again ! Oh, Amsterdam, how I love thee. *reminiscent look*

Hope you & your parents have lots of fun together :)
-Justine

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Hey Kaila! I just got home last week from NZ, boooo. I'm so jealous you're still travelling! Sounds like you're having tons of fun! Enjoy it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home